History and Mission
SUNY Cobleskill alumni have been active since the college's first graduating class in 1918, when we were still known as the Schoharie State School of Agriculture. In the 1960's an organizational structure began to emerge, and in 1975 The Alumni Association of the State University of New York College of Agriculture and Technology, Inc. was established.
The SUNY Cobleskill Alumni Association is a registered 501(c)(3) corporation with a charter and bylaws. Its purpose is to promote the college and cultivate communication and fellowship among our alumni, thereby, fostering and maintaining alumni loyalty while promoting the general interests of SUNY Cobleskill.
Alumni Association operating revenue is derived primarily from proceeds of the Alumni Annual Fund Campaign, an optional student alumni fee billed each semester and basic resources from the state.
The association is governed by a board of directors and office staff work closely with other campus offices to further the goals of the college. Regional events are also organized, often involving collaboration with academic departments to coincide with student activities and field trips.
The SUNY Cobleskill Alumni Office is part of Institutional Advancement and is located in Knapp Hall room 211. Alumni and friends are always welcome to stop by!